cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 - email alerts for failed jobs only

KYsysadmin
Level 3

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?  Currently any alert recipient I add to Backup Exec 2012 receives email notifications for successful jobs, failed jobs, jobs completed with exceptions, etc.  I would like to send email notification for ONLY the failed jobs.  There doesn't appear to be any settings I can manipulate to achive this though?  I'm sure there must be a basic method that I'm overlooking.  Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

A job for which you get notified, edit that job, go to 'notification' tab on that job and uncheck the notification from the job properties. That way you will disable getting notified for everything that job does. However as the global setting is set to send you 'Job Failed' notifications, you will continue to get those.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5

Click on the BE icon on the left top > go to 'Configurations and Settings' > 'Alerts and Notifications' > enable 'Job Failed' notification from here and disable whichever you do not want > You can choose the recipients from here itself. 

This is the global settings for alerts and notifications - You do not have to enable 'notification' for each job if you specify it under glbal settings. 

KYsysadmin
Level 3

When I go to 'Configuration and Settings' > 'Alerts and Notifications', I then must navigate one more level, so I choose 'Alert Categories'.   In this list I see the various types of alerts, and can select the recipients.

However, this isn't working properly.  Currently there are 37/40 alerts enabled, but only the failed job alerts or error alerts have recipients selected.  But those recipients are receiving successful job alerts and other alerts for which they have not been selected as recipients.  In fact, I even have the 'Job Success' alert disabled, yet the recipients are still receiving this alert.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5

A job for which you get notified, edit that job, go to 'notification' tab on that job and uncheck the notification from the job properties. That way you will disable getting notified for everything that job does. However as the global setting is set to send you 'Job Failed' notifications, you will continue to get those.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5

Was this resolved? Please let us know the status.

KYsysadmin
Level 3

Yes that worked, thank you!