cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 recreate dedupe disk.

DYC_helpdesk
Level 2

Hello all,

I am currently attempting to recreate a dedup disk on BE 2012 after a vdisk failure of the san. I get an error message stating: unable to create the dedeuplication disk. A deduplication storage folder with that name already exists. No other error codes, or event viewer log entries.

I was able to get this snipped from the log file called adammDb:

[3424] 02/11/13 15:58:39.964 EXECUTE: { CALL [dbo].[Device_View.Create] (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?) }
 0: IO BINARY    {8A82FCF8-9630-4DF1-8190-D1862F9716C6}
 1: I  SLONG     1
 2: I  WCHAR     ''
 3: I  WCHAR     ''
 4: I  WCHAR     'OST Server              {8A82FCF8-9630-4DF1-0000-000000000000}'
 5: I  SLONG     0
 6: IO WCHAR     'PureDisk:BESRV:PureDiskVolume'
 7: I  WCHAR     'Deduplication disk storage 0002'
 8: I  SLONG     263
 9: I  SLONG     4
 10: I  SLONG     524288
 11: I  SLONG     0
 12: I  SLONG     0
 13: I  SLONG     0
 14: I  SLONG     5
 15: I  SLONG     2
 16: I  SLONG     51200
 17: I  BINARY    {73D02CB5-34BE-431E-AD1D-700EF931ABD0}
023000 - [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'Device_DeviceName_INDEX'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.Device'.

I am leaning towards the last line cannot insert duplicate key being the importmant part of the error.

Any help in recreating the dedupe disk would be apprectiated.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have already tried deleting these reg keys and rebooting the server http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH127783

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

EliasA
Community Manager
Community Manager
Employee CPEP

We have a utility that can be run by our support engineers to help you resolve this issue.  The utility is not distributed as there are a few things that need to be identified before attempting to use it.  Do you have a support case ID # that I can reference to escalate this case?

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to change the deduplication folder name and then tried to create it ? does it give the same error ?

DYC_helpdesk
Level 2

I have tried a diffrent name every time I run through the setup it still gives me the same error.

sysadminuva
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. I can understand that your company wants to stop people form making stupid mistakes and destroying their deduplication storage but keeping all these utilities hidden makes things difficut. Calling support takes time and waiting for call backs takes more time. I can only think you all hide the utilities is to make sure people buy support contracts but those of us with these contracts don't like jumping through extra hoops and waiting.

DYC_helpdesk
Level 2

Support was able to fix the issue pretty quickly. They manually edited the db to remove the old information.