cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 stuck with 0 bytes rate running verification for days ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi,

I'm having some issue with my Backup Exec 2012 stuck with 0 bytes rate running verification for days, seethe screenshot below:

BE2012.JPG

why is that stuck like that ?

Is there anything that can be done to avoid the backup job stuck like that and occupying the tape drive for the next available job ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This wasn't fixed in BE 2012, hence there is no link for this version.

For BE 2012 - Disable Checkpoint Restart

For BE 2014 - Apply SP2

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6

Did the original backup job start as a "resumed" job ? If yes, then the job can hang on verify. If this is the case, then disable "Checkpoint Restart".

Another reason could be if the backup job spanned multiple tapes and the verify is prompting for the next tape. If that's the case then the alert should be responded to and the specific tape inserted as well.

John_Santana
Level 6

Yes VJ, it was resumed or automatically restarted last week. So I have cancelled this job forcefully. What is the effect of disable "Checkpoint Restart" ?

backup job spanned multiple tapes and the verify is prompting for the next tape... I didn't see any prompt or received any email prompt to reinsert the tape into the tape library.

VJware
Level 6

If Checkpoint Restart is disabled, then the backup job will not resume automatically.

This is the issue which you faced - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH218204

John_Santana
Level 6

ok, so in my case here I will need to apply the hotfix, but where is the link for BE 2012 ?

I can only see BE 2014 link at the end of the technote.

VJware
Level 6

This wasn't fixed in BE 2012, hence there is no link for this version.

For BE 2012 - Disable Checkpoint Restart

For BE 2014 - Apply SP2

John_Santana
Level 6

I've also manually stop the backup and hten start the backup again, hopefully this time it is completed successfully.

John_Santana
Level 6

OK so in this case after I "Disable Checkpoint Restart" feature, the next time failed backup, there won't be any retry ?

is that all the difference ?

VJware
Level 6

That's right. If the backup job is interrupted, then it would not automatically resume/retry.