cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 - Job scheduled even when status is unscheduled

TR-BE2014
Level 5

I imported job sets from 2010 that included Full and differential jobs. I'm changing our backup procedure because we're starting to use a dedup device, so I want to keep the diff job settings but not the full.

I tried setting the full job to unscheduled, but it still shows up as scheduled. Then I tried to set the schedule reccurance for years and set the start date to several months in the future, but it still wants to start on the next weekday listed. I can delete the whole job, but then I'll have to recreate the diff job.

I've attached a screenshot. Any ideas? Of course, I can blow away the whole job and recreate the diff, but would rather fix if I can.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There is no way to avoid doing a full backup with BE 2014. If you do not do a full backup, you cannot do a differential backup. If you run your differential backup very infrequently then the size of your differential backup may be the same as your full backup

TR-BE2014
Level 5

OK, In 2010 diff jobs could be created independantly because it used the archive bit set during the full job, but I guess 2014 doesn't do that.

The full job that used to go straight to tape has been replaced by a new full job that backs up to dedup first, then to tape. Can I set a diff job based on that job that will go to dedup only and not to tape?

Thanks.

TR-BE2014
Level 5

To clarify, in 2010 I had full jobs set to run every weekend and diff jobs to run each weeknight. Since it used the archive bit, I could have removed the full job and the diff job would have continued to back up any files that had the modified archive bit. So 2014 has removed recognition of the archive bit?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Since BE 2012, you cannot just create a diff/incr job by itself.  Any scheduled jobs have to start off with a full backup and then either differential or incremental.  The archive bit method is still a valid method, although the default and recommended method is the modified time method which is faster.

TR-BE2014
Level 5

Thanks. My diff jobs aren't taking very long to run, but I'll try modified time since every little bit helps.

Tx