Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*BE 2014(SP2) agent will support Windows 2003 server

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

Hi guys,

We are using windows 2003 server.our backup exec product is BE2014(SP2).I push the agent to our windows 2003 server.but its failed.Is BE 2014 agent will support 2003 server?

22 REPLIES 22

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It does support a fully patched Win 2003 server, i.e. Win 2003 SP2 for remote agent.

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

but i push the agent but not install its failed?

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried to install the remote agent locally ?

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

u mean manually?

VJware
Level 6

Yes. You can use this KB for steps - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH179142.html

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

i push one of our windows 2003 server using above step.but it faile.i got one log file..plz find the attachment.

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried the local (manual) method as mentioned in the above KB article ?

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

we install manually ,one 2003 server is pending,its not installed?i double click the setup file no action?

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

check this log file...thw wizard is coming,but fail to install..

VJware
Level 6

If running any AV, temporarily stop it. Right-click the setup and run as admin. Does the setup continue then ?

Also, do ensure the Win 2003 server has .NET 2.0 SP2 installed. If it does, run a repair of the .NET and then retry the agent install.

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

there is no av in this server..and .net 2.0 sp2 is installled laready  actionb.and repair that one also..but no 

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

in the time install the agent there is one program need to install(Microsoft vcc++ Redidtributables(86))..so that is failed to install..i try install that software manually but..no

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

And that softw.are already in that server

VJware
Level 6

Your issue seems to match as per the following KB. Pls attempt the steps per https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH218124.html

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

Nene
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Shaabin,

I had this issue sometime ago. Interpreting the error or warning logs is very important.

From your attachment, it is obvious that the firewall is blocking WMI on the Server you want to install the remote agent.

You may need to either allow the WMI from the Windows firewall on the server or copy the remote agent from the Backup exec server and try to install manually.

Note: Since you are using Backup Exec 2014. Copy the VCredist folder along with the RAWSX64 folder to the server that you want to install it on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vjware has sent u an article on how to install the agents remotely or locally which is manual.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH179142.html

find below excerpts from the link above, just in case u did not get it earlier.

Local (manual) installation using the GUI method

When automated (push) installation of the AWS fails it may be necessary to perform a local installation.
Listed below are two methods to perform a Local (manual) installation of Agent for Windows:

Using the RAWS32/RAWSX64 folder located on Backup Exec 2012 and above media server (recommended):

1. Copy the RAWS32 or RAWSX64 and MSXML folder from the Media Server to a drive on a remote computer.

NOTE: The default path for the above mentioned folders is 'X:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents' ('X' is the drive letter where Backup Exec is installed.)

For Remote Agent installation on:
    • 32-bit system: Copy the RAWS32 folder.
    • 64-bit system: Copy the RAWSX64 folder.

2. Go to the remote computer and open the RAWS32 or RAWSX64 directory which was copied from the media server.

3. Double-click on Setup.exe.

NOTE: Turn off User Access Control (UAC) for Windows 2008, Vista or 7.
    It is also recommended to right-click on the Setup.exe file and select 'Run as Administrator' to avoid any access issues during the installation process.

4. Click Next on the Welcome screen.

5. Select Local Install and click Next.

6. Select 'Agent for Windows' - click Next.

NOTE: The destination location for the Remote Agent install files can be changed if desired by clicking on the 'Change' button.

7. On the Remote Agent publishing screen:
    1. Check the box which says 'Enable remote agent to publish the IP address and name of the remote computer and the version of the Remote Agent to media server'.

2. Click Add and enter the Media Server name or IP address (or both) and press OK.

3. Click Next.

8. Click Install to begin the installation.

9. Wait for the Installation to complete and click Finish.

10. An SSL trust will need to be established after a manual installation of Agent for Windows. This is explained in the article below:

How to establish trust for remote servers in Backup Exec 2012 and above

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

allow the WMI from the Windows firewall on the server ,HOW??

VCredist folder  ,is it Backup exec folder?

VJware
Level 6

From the KB which I posted:-

"Perform a local installation of the Backup Exec Remote Agent by copying the RAWS and VCRedist folder to C:\ on the remote server."

Copy both the folders from the Backup Exec installation files.

shaabin
Level 4
Partner

On the Remote Agent publishing screen:

1. Check the box which says 'Enable remote agent to publish the IP address and name of the remote computer and the version of the Remote Agent to media server'.

2. Click Add and enter the Media Server name or IP address (or both) and press OK.

3. Click Next.

I didnt see these step in installing agent