cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 SP2 is coming soon

tech43
Level 4

We're running BE 2014 v14.1 Rev 1786. When I run Live Update it says there is one update available with total size 2122.8KB - "BE 2014 SP2 is coming soon to LiveUpdate!"

My question is what is this update, is this SP2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

SP2 has been released and is available for download manually. It isn't available in LiveUpdate as of yet.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH225093

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

SP2 has been released and is available for download manually. It isn't available in LiveUpdate as of yet.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH225093

Colin_Weaver

The LiveUpdate status message you have read out serves two purposes

1) Is to warn you that SP2 will be available soon

2) When we release an SP for manual download it is now a couple of weeks before we make it available on Live Update. However we currently block LiveUpdate availability of older SPs during this initial manual release phase to stop anyone accidentally installing the old Service Packs and Hotfixes once the manual download of the newer one is made available. Anyone that installs a new BE media server at this point would see nothing available in LiveUpdate if we did not populate with a message. Now a new customer seeing no updates available would probably not be concerned but customer with an existing BE installbase would already be aware of older patches so would start to log support cases asking where the patches have gone if we did not pop up a message about SP2. We could of course just let you install the older patches but in some cases this might be time consuming and you would have to do it again once the latest SP is on LiveUpdate

Colin_Weaver

One extra point I did not make in my previous answer - as we usually modify the main Backup Exec install media to include the latest Service Pack removing an SP from LiveUpdate availability should not massively affect anyone that has recently downloaded the complete Backup Exec installer (DVD ISO file) as the SP will be included.

tech43
Level 4

Thanks for the info, though to be honest I find this to be a confusing way of communicating to your users that a SP will be upcoming. I guess I just need to know if I should install the update or not? And if so what are the consequences once SP2 is included in LU?

kroligoff1
Level 3

SP2 later avalable in LU ? how long to wait?date?

I have applance 3600, and install manual sp not quality solution

Toby_Mann
Not applicable

How can I be alerted of available SP's and Hotfixes available in the future? Do I have to subscribe to something? 

Thanks!