cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 and Exchange 2010

bexecute
Level 3

Hi there

I have a memory leak issue with BE 2014 running a backup on my Exchange server. It ran fine when I was using BE 2010, but since I moved to BE 2014, it consumes memory and the Exchange mailboxes become unavailable, I have to stop the BE remote service to get Exchange functioning again. Has anyone else witnessed this with Exchange?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you update Backup Exec with all availabe updates/patches ?

Did you update Exchange with all available Service Packs and rollup packs ?

bexecute
Level 3

The BE server has Service Pack 2 and Hotfix 227745 applied. These are the latest.

Our Exchange service is at below:

AdminDisplayVersion : Version 14.3 (Build 123.4), so I dont have the latest Rollout update applied. 

LegAEI
Level 5

Are you backing up during the day? It sounds like you are having an issue with your VSS writer. Are you out of space? Have your logs gone crazy?

bexecute
Level 3

Not backing up during the day, this is a full that runs at the weekend. Out of space on the Exchange server - nope. Logs are not huge either. The VSS writer on the exchange side of things?

LegAEI
Level 5

Yea, check your event logs on your exchange server, see if the VSS writer is locking your data set. You might just need to reboot. I know that isn't "supposed" to happen, but I had that issue in production with BE 2012.