Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2014 - importing tapes automatically

lanloun
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Kindly note that previously all the tapes were being imported automatically and the jobs were working perfectly fine. But two months ago this changes. Whenever i come to office in the morning, 2 or 3 tapes require my action to get imported. So i import them manually. The issue is that not always the same tapes are not being imoprted it is random. What can i do to get rid of this issue and have all the tapes imported automatically?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you mean you come in to find jobs asking you to import media?

If yes, this is not an automatic import thing, this just means that previously your jobs were able to find overwritable or appendable media without needing to ask for you to insert media and now they no longer find suitable media already available so they then ask you for an import to provide suitable media.

If this is what is happening that you need to understand append and overwrite settings and the state of your tapes at the point in time that a piece of media is being asked for (not the state at the time you arrive in the office the next morning)

BTW automatic Import (in a library) is not easy to achieve as an import job requires you to define an empty target slot for the tape to be moved into. There are BEMCLI scripts that can help with this however if you have to use scripts you cannot then use the scheduling that is within Backup Exec to run them

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you mean you come in to find jobs asking you to import media?

If yes, this is not an automatic import thing, this just means that previously your jobs were able to find overwritable or appendable media without needing to ask for you to insert media and now they no longer find suitable media already available so they then ask you for an import to provide suitable media.

If this is what is happening that you need to understand append and overwrite settings and the state of your tapes at the point in time that a piece of media is being asked for (not the state at the time you arrive in the office the next morning)

BTW automatic Import (in a library) is not easy to achieve as an import job requires you to define an empty target slot for the tape to be moved into. There are BEMCLI scripts that can help with this however if you have to use scripts you cannot then use the scheduling that is within Backup Exec to run them

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You must have sufficient overwritable tapes in your library BEFORE the start of your jobs