Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2015 Backup Device Errors windows 2012 r2

Saintv
Level 0

I get multible errors and jobs fail on BE 2015 with the following Job report :

((Inventory Device 00018<noscript>< noscript><="" p="">

Final error: 0xe000e005 - The job has reported multiple errors. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Backup Device Errors
Completed status: Failed))

Hardware used Dell R710 +64GB ram + perec 5i + ML-6010 IBM ultirum 3 LOT3 drives...I can not inventory, catalog, or backup anything:

BE 2015 worked fine under windwos 2008 r2, after upgrading to Win 2012r2 we started to get the erros.

we used the drives downloaded from Dell (old and new) same result.

Medium changer, Tape Drives, and scsi card all apear under device manager and working. The ML-6010  Library reponds to initialization commands from BE 2015... 

when we restored the os to win 2008 r2 everything worked... reinstalled win 2012r2 and the same problem returned.

the only change in the environment is the OS upgrade otherwise nothing was touched even the cables.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese help.

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I believe the PERC 5/i is a SAS RAID controller and only supports stand-alone tape drives, not robotic libraries.  https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000038683

But since your library is LTO3, I assume you are using parallel SCSI, not SAS, for your tape library?

What HBA are you using for the ML6010?  Please make sure it's firmware and drivers are updated.

You should not need any tape or library drivers downloaded from Dell.  You should use what is included with Backup Exec.  Windows 2012 changed some things about drivers, there is more details at the top of the BE 15 HCL.

What errors are you getting?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your tape drive is IBM, therefore you need the IBM driver for LTO3.
Have you checked with IBM if Win2012 supports LTO3?

Did you download a Win2012 LTO3 driver from IBM ?

LTO3 reached EOSL some time ago. My guess is that W2012 may not support this drive type.