cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 9 for SBS failing to cancel jobs

Jasen
Level 3
I am using BE 9 for SBS with (obviously) Windows 2000 SBS.  I am backing up everything under windows (System State, Drives, Mailboxes for Exchange, etc).  It seems to finish the windows portion of the backup but fails to backup the Novell server over the network.  Now, I was told that SBS would not backup Novell but it seems to be finding it so I gave it a try.  Well after if failed the last 2 times I decided that I would just backup windows and see how that went.  However, when i try to cancel it just says "Cancel Pending" and continues running.  Only a reboot will solve this.  I also tried to stop and restart the service, but that timed out.  On that note, some users are now having problems accessing exchange in a timely manner.  So the main question I guess is:  Is there a known problem with BE using too many resources causing the slowdown in exchange access or is this a function of the backup job not cancelling?  And if that is the case, why can I not cancel the job and/or restart the service. Any help please

Jasen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5
When a job will not cancel, try the following:
1. Try stopping the Backup Exec Job Engine service.
2. If it times out in step 1, try stopping the bengine.exe process in Task Manager|Processes.
3. If you get "access denied" in step 2, try going to Start|Run|drwtsn32 -p <pid#>    where the pid # is for bengine.exe in Processes tab in step 2. For example:
drwtsn32 -p 416

4. Finally, if none of the above work, the one thing that always does is the kill command from Win2K support tools on the Win2Kserver CD.
Basically you should never have to reboot.

Lyon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

lyon
Level 5
When a job will not cancel, try the following:
1. Try stopping the Backup Exec Job Engine service.
2. If it times out in step 1, try stopping the bengine.exe process in Task Manager|Processes.
3. If you get "access denied" in step 2, try going to Start|Run|drwtsn32 -p <pid#>    where the pid # is for bengine.exe in Processes tab in step 2. For example:
drwtsn32 -p 416

4. Finally, if none of the above work, the one thing that always does is the kill command from Win2K support tools on the Win2Kserver CD.
Basically you should never have to reboot.

Lyon