cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Agents License question

prs246191
Level 5

If I were to buy RAWS, how many servers is that good for?  Same question for active directory agent?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

RAWS and ADRA licences are on a per server basis, i.e., you buy 1 RAWS licence and 1 ADRA licence for  each server that you need them.  However, when you buy a ADRA licence for a machine, it comes with a RAWS licence

You get 1 RAWS licence with the core BE which is meant to back up the media server itself.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

prs246191
Level 5

Also do you get some RAWS for free with the purchase of BE 12.5?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

RAWS and ADRA licences are on a per server basis, i.e., you buy 1 RAWS licence and 1 ADRA licence for  each server that you need them.  However, when you buy a ADRA licence for a machine, it comes with a RAWS licence

You get 1 RAWS licence with the core BE which is meant to back up the media server itself.

kaman
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I want add some more points when you purhase 1 Backup Exec server license, you will get one BE remote agent free. All license example remote agent or active directory agent is per server license. Only there is change when you are having Vmware.One remote agent and database and application agent is required per Vmware host. 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I think you should read up a bit more on the licensing aspect...the remote agent is for the media server, nothing else! the RAWS agent runs even on the media server.

The VMware agent is per host, and allows you to backup every single VM in the cluster. To backup an agent using GRT, you need 1 agent PER VM...not per host. You are incorrect in this regard.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178483

http://www.emea.symantec.com/beguide/en/files/BE2012_customer_license_guide.pdf

Thanks!