cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Catalog - log and config files?

serveradmintkap
Level 2

**** Moved to new discussion from https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Backup-Exec/Cleanup-Catalogs/m-p/341138   ****

Hi Team,

I want to ask , which type files are under in catalogs folder means only logs fils or configuration files.? bcoz in server Backup Exec folder size is showing 17 GB in C drive or inside catalogs folder is showing 7 GB. and Backup Exec\BEDBG is showing 9 GB  . 

Kindly suggest .. which folder i need to clean.?

Thank You

Anuj Jain

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for support.

Can we delete " Cabinet File (.cab)" is under in \BEDBG floder , attached the screen shot.

View solution in original post

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

you can delete the older ones. The recent one, can be moved to another location if you are cramped for space on the drive where BE is installed.I see lot of backupexecmanagement process crash , so if this service continues to stop/crash you can open a case with support to get it investigated. if the service keeps crashing, these file will continue to get created in this location

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gurvinder

The dump file for any BE process crash gets saved in BEDBG folder. If those crash dumps are old, then you can delete them. If you have any process crash dump which is recent and if recurring then you can open a support case to investigate the process crash issue. 

The catalog folder contains the *.sdr, *.xml. *.fh files. These get generated when the backup job is run and has info about the backup set details etc. which help you to view the list of backup sets in BE. This should not be touched. You can also review this comprehensive document on BE catalogs https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100042698

Thank you for support.

Can we delete " Cabinet File (.cab)" is under in \BEDBG floder , attached the screen shot.

Gurvinder

you can delete the older ones. The recent one, can be moved to another location if you are cramped for space on the drive where BE is installed.I see lot of backupexecmanagement process crash , so if this service continues to stop/crash you can open a case with support to get it investigated. if the service keeps crashing, these file will continue to get created in this location