cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Credential problem

Goodben
Level 3

I have a BE 2012 installed in Win2008 r2.

When I tried to modify the backup jobs, it requested me to choose the a service account proir I can edit the contents to be backed up. I entered the correct password which allow me to do change password action. Then I closed the prompt box. But everytime when I tried to perform the same action, the problem comes.

I have two service accounts in AD (one is System Logon Account) with correct passwords.

AD is installed in a physical server, and backup targets are VMs and they are all in the same Domain, would it be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Try this 1. Login to the media server using the default domain admin id if you can. Otherwise any domain admin id 2. Create this same id in BE 3. Delegate the two previously existing id's in BE. You should now have only the newly created id in BE. 4. Create a new backup job and see whether you are prompted. Don't edit the previous job.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you login as User1 and and create User1 in BE, then you would not be prompted for a password when you login again as User1 and use BE. However, if User1 is a restricted account in BE and you login with another I'd or the login id has less privileges than User1, then you would be prompted for a password when you use BE

Goodben
Level 3
Sorry for the delay. I believe the former engineer was created the two BE service account from the AD and they are both common accounts in BE. Everytime when I tried to edit the backup job, when the server directory is loading, the credential prompt box appears. Is that anything related to the database? or the account previllege in AD?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is the "credential prompt" asking you asking you for a password or is it asking you to select a credential for the server?

Also, are you logged in to the media server as one of the two BE account?  Do these accounts have the following privileges 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH36718

Also, why do you need 2 accounts?  One account should suffice.

Goodben
Level 3
It was asking me to select a credential when tried to open a directory of remote server. I logon the media server with domain admins account which is differ from those service accounts. O that one, I believe one of them was created for testing from the former engineer.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
As I said earlier you are prompted because you login as a different id. If you want to keep logging in as this id then create this id in BE and you would not be prompted again. Otherwise, just select the id that you want to use when you backup the server from the 2 existing id.

Goodben
Level 3

This time I logged on with the same account as in BE.

And it still prompts out credential page and let me choose as my attached pic.

It is like an endless loop to request for credential.

1. Double click on backup job

2. the directory page opened followed by account selection page.

3. I chose the same account as I logon to the server and click OK.

4. the accouont selection page pops up again.

120px_Untitled4.jpg

Halwa_Wala
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

It could be possible that the account may have appropriate permissions, but sometimes you will need additional permissions while backing appliancaton databases such as SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint. Does the server contains any of these applications?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Try this 1. Login to the media server using the default domain admin id if you can. Otherwise any domain admin id 2. Create this same id in BE 3. Delegate the two previously existing id's in BE. You should now have only the newly created id in BE. 4. Create a new backup job and see whether you are prompted. Don't edit the previous job.