cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Instant Recovery

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

I'm trying to run BE instant recovery from a VM backup taken via virtual-based, agentless backup method (VADP). No Windows agent installed in the VM. But I can't seem to enable instant recovery when I backup with this method (the instant recovery button is greyed out). I thought virtual, agentless backup would still allow instant recovery. Do I have to install the Windows agent in the VM to do so? I appreciate the feedback.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The agent is necessary so that BE can talk to the recovered VM and discover its state.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

You don't state if this is Vmware or Hyper-V (some of the requirements are different).

You also do not state what type of storage the backup set has been written to.

One common requirement for both techologies however is that you must use standard (non-removable) Disk Storage (B2D) and a GRT backup is required. Did you backup meet both of these requirements?

BTW the requirements are in the admin guide (in both the Hyper-V and VMware sections for Instant Recovery)

Thanks. Yes, I checked the admin guide. The environment is VMware. B2D was used and GRT backup was enabled (though backed up the VM via VADP - backing up vmdk). Anyway, I'll retry this again.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The agent is necessary so that BE can talk to the recovered VM and discover its state.