cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BE Remote Agent Installs but Service Never Starts

thelaststop720
Level 4

I'm running BE 12 SP1 and installing remote agents on several servers. I installed the agent, rebooted, and noticed it did not show up in my backup selections. So I went back to the server, checked the Publishing tab and it gives me an error about reading the registry. I found an article that says to make sure that certain accounts have full access to certain registry keys, and they do. So I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled. Still same thing. The Backup Exec Remote Agent Service also fails to start. Here are some error messages in event viewer:

Faulting application beremote.exe, version 12.0.1364.0, faulting module msxml2.dll, version 8.30.9528.0, fault address 0x0

Reporting queued error: faulting application beremote.exe, version 12.0.1364.0, faulting module msxml2.dll, version 8.30.9528.0, fault address 0x00078130

The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s).

The only thing I haven't tried is doing a push install from the media server. Right now I am just doing a local install from the remote server itself. Any thought/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

0 REPLIES 0