Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE Upgrade from 2010 R3 to 2012

zazaj
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello,

AFter upgrading from Backup Exec 2010 R3 to 2012, Active Directory Application Agent stopped working,

Can you help me what can be the solution?

8 REPLIES 8

zazaj
Level 3
Partner Accredited

P.S. Other applications such as SQL Database & Exchange backuping works properly

vinayy
Level 4
Partner Accredited

HI zazaj,

Share logs or screen shots of exact issue that you are facing, it is easy to troubleshoot.

Regards,

VInayy

zazaj
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I will upload screen shot shortly, but the main problem is that system can't recognize the license...it again shows that it is Trial version with remained days

zazaj
Level 3
Partner Accredited

The System Says that we have left 56 days, but when activate new license it does not do anything,

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you get a new set of licences for BE 2012 and apply them after you have upgraded to BE 2012?  BE 2012 uses .slf files for licences. Your BE 2010 licences will not work with BE 2012.  If you are on a current maintenance contract, you can get the BE 2012 licences from Symantec Licencing for free.

zazaj
Level 3
Partner Accredited

After we upgrade it it was renewal time and we renewed licenses to 2012 edition, "SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2012 AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DATABASES WIN PER SERVER RENEWAL BASIC 12 MONTHS GOV BAND S" but when we activate license system says that the license is under maintanance..I don't understand what is the problem..

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This means that you have not applied the correct .slf files.  You need to contact Symantec Licencing to get the proper .slf files and then apply them to your media server.

Nabil_polska
Level 4
Employee Accredited

if you are in France contact Symantec licencing on :

+33 141 91 9639
England :+
44 870 2431003