cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE job failing after bengine crash

mhocking
Level 1

The Bengine process crashed after running out of space on disk.  I allocated more space, restarted the server. All the BE processes started w/o issue. Problem is that, when I fire off the backup (BE 2014), it starts but never ends up doing anything. Just keeps running until I cancel it. Message in the job log says 'Mount failed'. I even rebooted each of the SPs on the VNX, thinking maybe there was an orphaned ndmp process etc. The mount failed... not sure if that is referencing the disk mounts or tape mount? I belive it is disk. I can add tapes to library and BE sees them after scan. But, I also cannot perform an inventory. Inventory does the same thing as the backup... starts, but just runs until cancel.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Help.

Win2008/BE2014/HP Tape library/EMC VNX 5200

1 REPLY 1

DarthBilly
Level 5
Employee

Check if the device is paused or in a offline state. You should be able to see this by right-clicking the storage on the storage page. You're probably going to have to put BE in debug and get some logs. Attach them if the device(s) look ok. You'll want Job Engine, beremote and device and media for sure:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.HOWTO11932