cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE job summary in CSV format, job status 9 and 24?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hi,

Can anyone help me with the meanings for final job status 9 and 24?

i.e. help me fill in this table?

Thanks.

gs_ref_job_status( 1 ) = "Cancelled"
gs_ref_job_status( 2 ) = "Completed"
gs_ref_job_status( 3 ) = "Exception"
gs_ref_job_status( 4 ) = "Dispatched"
gs_ref_job_status( 5 ) = "On Hold"
gs_ref_job_status( 6 ) = "Error"
gs_ref_job_status( 7 ) = "Invalid Schedule"
gs_ref_job_status( 8 ) = "Invalid Time Window"
gs_ref_job_status( 9 ) = "unknown-9"
gs_ref_job_status( 10 ) = "Missed"
gs_ref_job_status( 11 ) = "Paused"
gs_ref_job_status( 12 ) = "Pending"
gs_ref_job_status( 13 ) = "Recovered"
gs_ref_job_status( 14 ) = "Resource Disabled"
gs_ref_job_status( 15 ) = "Resumed"
gs_ref_job_status( 16 ) = "Running"
gs_ref_job_status( 17 ) = "Ready"
gs_ref_job_status( 18 ) = "Scheduled"
gs_ref_job_status( 19 ) = "Success"
gs_ref_job_status( 20 ) = "Superceded"
gs_ref_job_status( 21 ) = "Abort (Time)"
gs_ref_job_status( 22 ) = "To Be Scheduled"
gs_ref_job_status( 23 ) = "Linked to Another Job"
gs_ref_job_status( 24 ) = "unknown-24"
gs_ref_job_status( 25 ) = "Blocked by Template Rule"
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not able to look into the source code, but did have a look @ the BEDB itself. "Unknown" usually refers to a job state not covered by the other definitions.

Would you provide me examples or better still job logs as to where the backup is failing if the job state is set to 9 or 24. (P.S., these numbers equate to the Job State and not to an error code)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

Just checked on my system and looks like job states 9 and 24 are either not defined or defined as "unknown" itself. They don't seem to correspond to any other strings/meanings.

sdo

Ok, Thanks VJ.

Should I hold out, to see if anyone else knows?

Are you able to look in the source code?

Seems odd that I can have backups failing with status 9 or status 24 (amongst others), but we don't know what they mean/indicate.

VJware
Level 6

I am not able to look into the source code, but did have a look @ the BEDB itself. "Unknown" usually refers to a job state not covered by the other definitions.

Would you provide me examples or better still job logs as to where the backup is failing if the job state is set to 9 or 24. (P.S., these numbers equate to the Job State and not to an error code)

sdo

Ok, but the column header in the CSV file decsribes this field as "FinalJobStatus".  Is this a misnomer then?  And instead it is some kind of roll-up state (and not an actual status)?.  I get that it could be a 'condition state' for active/running jobs, but for completed jobs is it not the final status?

What I'm leading to is... Can I use this field in scripts as an indication as to wether a backup actually succeeded in securing any data?   AFAIK, only 'FinalJobStatus' of '3 - Exception' and '19 - Success' can be construed as meaning that a backup job actually successfulyl secured some data, and that all other statii mean that a backup job can be relied upon to have actually saved anything useful/recoverable.  True?

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6

Broadly, the job statuses can be classified into 3 different categories namely:

Active job statuses

Scheduled job statuses

Completed job statuses

And yes, amongst the successful job statuses, only "Successful" and "Completed with exceptions" are appropriate indications if the data was actually backed up or not.

sdo

Thnaks VJ.  I'll see if can get time to post some examples of 9's and 24's at some point soon.

In the meantime - I guess your second answer is the correct answer - so marked as solved.