cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE to QNAP slow

nthnu
Level 5

I've setup the iSCSI Initiator and all seems fine and looked great even the tests went well. Come in and see it has backed up 400GB of 2TB in 82 hours at 221 MB/min. (deep breath and sigh)

I do know our system has 8GB memory and is currently using abour 4GB so that seems fine. It appears our incremental ran successfully, but with a different setup and destination than the QNAP. I looked at our WMware Data Recovery screen and it shows it is doing an integrity check. Could either or both of these cause this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nthnu
Level 5

I tried the Jumbo Packets, but both systems didn't like it. One system was inaccessible, and the other wouldn't pick up connection from the other. I do think I have found the issue, I think. The Full goes off at 10pm on Friday. Apparently there was a LUN backup at the same time. So both were nailing the QNAP. After a restart of the job, I'm at 300GB of 2TB at 5 hours at 1190 MB/min. Much better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Are your witch ports, NIC ports on the NAS and server NICs all set to he fastest speed they can run at? ie. 1GB FULL?

Have you enabled jumbo frames to see what the result is?

Aso, make sure that any AV installed isn't scanning the B2D or BE services, and if so, exclude them. Lastly, you can also downlod and run b2dtest.exe to make sure that the NAS (verify it is on the BE 2010 HCL!) is suitable for a B2D location.

I found a big difference between porevious versions of BE 2010 compared to BE 2010 R3...so if you aren't running that, consider upgrading to that with SP4 before push-installing your agents to your remote servers. You can use your current licenses for BE 2010.

Thanks!

nthnu
Level 5

Thanks

They are all set to 1GB Full.

I'll make the Jumbo Packet change on the BE server and see.

I made the changes early on to exclude B2D services.

We're on BE 2010 R3 SP4.

nthnu
Level 5

I tried the Jumbo Packets, but both systems didn't like it. One system was inaccessible, and the other wouldn't pick up connection from the other. I do think I have found the issue, I think. The Full goes off at 10pm on Friday. Apparently there was a LUN backup at the same time. So both were nailing the QNAP. After a restart of the job, I'm at 300GB of 2TB at 5 hours at 1190 MB/min. Much better.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That's god to know. Ideally you shouldn't be doing 2 backups of the device. Once you've established that worked would you mind closing it off?

Thanks!

nthnu
Level 5

Ok. Yea things are much better. 1TB in 24hrs at 1090 MB/min.