cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE update 2015 restart agent servers

Marc_C_
Level 2

Hi all,

After do an update of backup server and install agents, the backups not wotks because is necessary rebbot the agents servers. Now is impossible restart our fileserver, but at the same time is important do backups. We are trying start the services manually but ther error is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 536928719.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In other cases opened  we saw  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2014-service 

-------------------------------

There are couple of keys named PatchReboot and Reboot found at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\

--------------------------------

We don't find this key in our register. Are changed it with this update??

Probably the next week we can restart the server but until this, we need start the services agent of backup exec.

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

These keys are found at the BE media server. I am not quite sure, if these keys are meant for the remote server as well or not.

Unfortunately, there isn't any workaround other than reboot for the agent install to be completely successful and thereby run backups.

Marc_C_
Level 2

I'm searching into fileserver and Backup media server but only find a Key Reboot Install HKLM\Soft\Symantech\ I changed it but not activate the

So... schedule a restart.

Is important update next "how to" for inform to users that will be necessary reboot the BE media server and the agents after update. Is an information very important for us.

-----

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO98878.html

---

Thnks,

Marc.