Highlighted

BE upgrade from 10 to 15

Hello guys,

i need some help,i have plan to our BE 2010 R3 server upgrade to 2015.Is it possible to upgrade directly or i need to upgrade first 2014 thenafter that 2015??

server details:

Windows 2008 R2 std

8 GB RAM

64-bit OS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

For direct upgrade to BE 15,

For direct upgrade to BE 15, you need to have BE 2010 R3 SP4.  Just run LU a couple of times to install SP4 and the latest hotfixes.  After that, push out the remote agents to the remote servers before upgrading.  Also, save a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory, in case you need to revert.

Your media server specs is O.K.

You would need a new set of licence keys for BE 15.  The licence upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Accepted Solution!

For direct upgrade to BE 15,

For direct upgrade to BE 15, you need to have BE 2010 R3 SP4.  Just run LU a couple of times to install SP4 and the latest hotfixes.  After that, push out the remote agents to the remote servers before upgrading.  Also, save a copy of the Data and Catalog directories under the BE installation directory, in case you need to revert.

Your media server specs is O.K.

You would need a new set of licence keys for BE 15.  The licence upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract.

View solution in original post

Have a look @ this KB as well

Have a look @ this KB as well - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO98878.html

Hello guys, the upgradation

Hello guys,

the upgradation is succesfully completed.

The re is only one problem.one of our windows 2003 R2 server can not upgrade to new version of BE

After upgradation  the de

After upgradation  the de duplication also not workin? i try to take inventory of de dupe storage pool,but its hanging.

Is FP1 applied to the BE 15

Is FP1 applied to the BE 15 media server ? And has the server been rebooted post the upgrade install ?