Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11d how to configure with two tapes

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

hi 

im new to be11d

i have one problem before this my be11d prompt 

"Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media."

ive discover on policy my LTO3 is full. i use one tape for daily backup and one tape for weekly on policy .

the question is how to configure two tapes daily and two tapes weekly?.kindly please assist me on this situation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot change tapes in a partition while a job is running.  You got to expand the partition to cater for 2 tapes.

In the Devices tab, right-click on the library and choose partition to re-partition your library.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are using a tape library, just put the additional tapes in library and associate them with the scratch media set. The job will use them when they are needed If you are using a stand-alone tape drive, then associate the additional tapes with the scratch media at and put them into the tape drive when you get the prompt for scratch tape

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

thanks for the answer how about the "Appendable until-Not Appendable" how to change" Infinite- Allow append"

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This week not help much because BE can only append to the first tape. For the second and subsequent tapes, it still needs overwritable tapes

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

thanks for the answer really appriciate,does it mean once the second tape is full we need to invest for new second tape?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Yes. Once the first tape is full, you need a second tape. There is no other way

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

tq for the answer appriciate it alot

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

dear mr pkh i still persist same problem..ive try configure with to tape my first tape configure according to policy on monday tape but and my second tape ive put it to scrath media..it doesnt go to second tape after the first tape is full..could u help me with this situation.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Your screenshot no. 1 shows that there are no tapes in the scratch media set.  Click on the scratch media set and see what tapes are associated with it.  You might have to inventory/scan your library to recognise the tapes.

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

already put in the scrath media set.,and for the inventory alreay set inventory before start backup.but still cannot backup

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you using partitions?  If so then you have to put this scratch tape in the same partition as the first tape.  You may need to expand the number of slots in the partition to at least 2.

If you are using a stand-alone tape drive, then put this tape into the tape drive after the first tape has been ejected, and reply yes to the alert.

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

im using partition.,does it mean if the tape the first full i need to change the tape and put the 2nd tape back to first partiton ..?sorry for any inconvinience.,how to expand the number of slots?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You cannot change tapes in a partition while a job is running.  You got to expand the partition to cater for 2 tapes.

In the Devices tab, right-click on the library and choose partition to re-partition your library.

saifulfadzlee
Level 3

is it like this?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Yes.  You now need to delete all the partitions and then define new partitions with 2 slots each.