Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE11d - "Media Protection" section is missing in Job Configuration

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hi,

BE10d had a "Media Protection" section in the Job Configuration where Media could be protected with a password (Password protect media).
Where is this configuration in BE 11d now?
After an upgrade from 10d to 11d the media protection is still active and I need to be able change the password or disable the media protection.

Thanks in advance for help.
Martin
2 REPLIES 2

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Martin

This feature has been disables in Backup Exec 11d. For compatibility with previous versions, you can still see this option when restoring.

Now what you can do is encrypt your backups, but you can't password protect them.

Regards

Martin_Sitte
Level 4
Partner Accredited
David,

yes, I know that this functionality has been replaced by encryption.
Therefor I want to turn it off.
But as I have upgraded from Version 10d to Version 11d I cannot turn it off because there is no configuration. I could have turned it off in Version 10d before I did the upgrade but I did not know this would result in a problem.
All jobs, also new ones still protect the Media using the old 10d password, that means, the functionality is still there and just the configuration has been disabled or hidden.
Even when I create new Backup Jobs via a policy it has the Media Protection turned on (this can be viewed in the readonly Job Properties).
Symantec seems to have overseen this, I guess I will have to open a case.

Regards
Martin