cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 - License Violation - A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Hi,

Installed Version BE12.5 for Windows Servers on a W2K3-Server
BE12.5 was installed as evaluation-version.

Since about 50 days license-number is installed for BE12.5
and also for Remote Agent for Win-Server '(since about 30 days).
The Remote-Agent is installed on another W2K3-server (service is running).
The Versions of beremote.exe on BE-Server and Remote-Server are the same (12.5.2213).

It works all fine as last night: the job failed with following message:

Backup- remoteserver.domain.com License Violation
A Remote Agent for Windows Systems license is required for protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Please contact your vendor for information on protecting remote servers with this edition of Backup Exec.
Access to the device \\remoteserver.domain.com\D: is not authorized with this edition of the product.
A selection on device \\remoteserver.domain.com\E: was skipped because of previous errors with the job.

Thanks for help....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Many thanks for your help girish,

After restarting all BE-services on the mediaserver  the backup-job runs without warnings successfully.

rg
ed

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Lively
Level 5
Go to Help, About, License Information. 

If you scroll through the list you should see which agent/component it is complaining about. 

girish_chakki
Level 4
Hi Ed,

i have faced the same problem in my environment, refer the below technical article to resolve the issue:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/268565.htm

rg
girish

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Hi girish,

Thanks for help, i will try this solution this day.

rg
ed

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Hi girish,

Afer reinstallation of serials (as described in the article)  and creating new backup-jobs i get the same error message; it is not possible to backup the remote server.

rg
ed

girish_chakki
Level 4
hi ed,

copy the follwing file:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec copy the file besernum.xml to your desktop.  (for safety)

now,

delete the existing besernum.xml from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec.

goto toos--> Install options and license keys on this media server

if it is showing any existing licenses just remove them and add the licenses keys manually means by license file ( which you have to got from symantec)  and complete the installation. this step will create new license file.

and restart the agent service on remote server after doing the above steps.

now you should be able to take backup of the server.

let me know the update

rg
girish

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Hi girish,

I get the same error-message (0xe0009418). i've exactly done what you have described:

delete besernum.xml
delete all existing license-numers in BE, entered the licence-nummers manually
restarted the service on the remote-server

After manually reinstall of license-numbers i got this warning in the following file:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\bkupinst.htm

08-13-2009,12:13:14 : WARNING: The license key changes being made do not require the services to be immediately restarted.
08-13-2009,12:13:14 : WARNING: However, until the Backup Exec services are restarted, these changes may not be accurately reflected.

rg
ed

girish_chakki
Level 4
restart the services of BEWS and test the job on particular server.

update me.

Ed_Fox
Level 3
Many thanks for your help girish,

After restarting all BE-services on the mediaserver  the backup-job runs without warnings successfully.

rg
ed

girish_chakki
Level 4
hi ed

mark this as solution please

girish_chakki
Level 4
please mark it to me as solution on my article!!