cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 RAW limitations

Jason_Cramsey
Level 2

I am now getting the following error when backing up our primary file server with Backup Exec 2010R2 with 12.5 RAW installed on the file server.

V-79-57344-1542

The version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent that is running on the remote computer has reached its maximum supported backup set size.  The backup of resource server drive was terminated.  Upgrade the Remote Agent on the remote computer to back up this resource.

I can find no details for this error online.  Is there a maximum number of files or bytes the 12.5 RAW can backup?

6 REPLIES 6

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It is recommeded to have the same version of remote agent on the file server, that is 2010. Why are you still using remote agent 12.5 on the file server. Please upgrade the remote agent to the same version as BE and shoul be all good

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

While a media server can talk to a back level RAWS, the SCL specifically states "for the purpose of rolling upgrades"

To meed the Symantec Licesing policy, your all Agents must be at the same level as the media server

Jason_Cramsey
Level 2

But this still does not answer the question posted.

I cannot update the agents yet as they are no longer covered under maintenance and I have to budget to get them all back under maintenance.  I have already upgraded all the agents that are still covered.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Jason,

As already informed that media server can talk to lower version of RAWS but there might be issues and we have seen that sometimes and recommended to have both on the same version.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I've never seen this particular error, but it looks like the only work-around available (until you upgrade the RAWS) would be to break that job into two or more jobs

In BackupExec  speak a backup set is one resource thaty a job backs up.  One volume, one share, one database etc.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Jason, you can "true-up" your licensing. Get the agent upgraded and the contact Symantec lisencing to get it under a proper license.

@sazz: RAWS works 1 version back. Although BE 2010 R2 can be seen as the same as BE 2010, the versioning is different. Hence 12.5 is 2 versions back, which can cause any sort of error...