cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12.5 - wont accept password when entered to edit selection list

Ewok70
Level 2

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone can help me a problem I am having when I try to edit the selection file lists on backup Exec V12.5.  I go to the "job Setup" tab and under the Backup Selection Lists, select the one I wish to change and go to properties. I click "yes" when prompted regarding whihc jobs use the list and if I am sure I want to edit the selected list - it then prompts me for a password for the account "beservice" - I am pretty sure I know what the password is however whenever I enter the password i get the error message 

"The entered password does not match the password for the selected logon account. Press Retry to enter the correct password.

The reason I tihnk I have the correct password is that if I go to "Network" and then "Logon accounts" I can see the "beservice" account there - if I double click on this it again prompts for the password which it accepts.  I have the option to change the password which I have tried but still when I enter the password when I try to edit the selction list it wont accept it.

Under network accounts as well as the "beservice account" there is also a ourdomainname\beservice account so I tried entering these details but again it is not accepted.  I even logged into backup exec using the ourdomainname\beservice account but it still prompts fro the "beservice" password which it then wont accept.

I do appear to be able to create new selection lists so that is an option - but it would be much easier if I could just get it so that I can edit the exisitng lists.

Many thanks

Eugene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ewok70
Level 2

Hi Craig - I tried this but it made no difference - I also tried making it the default after resetting the password to something new but again I still get the same problem.

Many thanks for all the suggestions but I tihnk I am just going to start anew, it may be best in the long run.  

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Open up BEutility and change the password there. Once done, try opening up the selection list. If this doesn't work, try running the BEDB repair through BEutility.

And I take it that the "beservice" is the only account listed there?

Thanks!

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

May be this link will help http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143780

Ewok70
Level 2

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I will have a go via BEutility (I haven't used this before so bare with me :) and let you know.

Beservice is not the only account listed when I look at Network Accounts - the domainname\beservice account is there - this is set to default. Also there are some user accounts (domain accounts) of poeple who check the backup etc.

Thanks once again

Eugene

CraigV

...it's pretty easy. Also, with regards to those user accounts, make sure the user account you use for the services is the default account set up in BE.

The Symantec TN takes you through how to reset the password using BEutility.exe...pretty straight-forward.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH82969

Ewok70
Level 2

Hi Craig\Amol

The default account was aready set to domainname\beservice (Which is also the default account) however I went through the steps to change it to itself of you get my meaning.  Still have the same issue - it's weird as I know the password - it doesn't just seem to accept it when trying to edit a selection list.

I appreciate all your help but I think I will just create a new list - it will probably be quicker in the long run.

Many thanks once again

Eugene

CraigV

...take off the setting to make it a restricted account within BE and see if it allows you to change the selection list.

Once done, put the restricted account setting back on again and see if it works...

Ewok70
Level 2

Hi Craig - I tried this but it made no difference - I also tried making it the default after resetting the password to something new but again I still get the same problem.

Many thanks for all the suggestions but I tihnk I am just going to start anew, it may be best in the long run.