cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE12 Does Not Backup All Files Backed Up by BE11.1d

Marcus_Hunt
Level 3
Prior to upgrading from BE11.1d to BE12, BE11.1d backed up the entire Windows servers' Documents and Settings folder contents. Since the upgrade, BE12 does not backup 3 files of LocalService and NetworkService folders. The specific files (on all Windows servers) are: NTUSER.DAT, NTUSER.DAT.LOG, and \...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UserClass.dat. The files are skipped.

The media server will not backup 3 files in the default Windows network account's profile. The specific files (on all Windows servers) are: NTUSER.DAT, NTUSER.DAT.LOG, and \...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.42\security config.cch.2364.9161687. The files are skipped.

Additionally, the media server's C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\enterprisesec.config.cch.2364.9161687 and C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\Security.config.cch.2364.9161687 are skipped. There appears to be a relationship between the files and the last file in paragraph two above.

I created a test backup job for all Windows servers to backup only the Documents and Settings folder. The job was 100% successful. Do I need to scrap my BE11.1d Windows Server backup jobs and create new backup jobs?
1 REPLY 1

Rainer
Level 2
Partner
Hello,
I have the same problem and found an an article in the Knowledgebase, Dokument ID: 302482

There are no plans to address this issues by way of patch or hotfix in the current versions, but in the next major revision.
There is a workaround with the "Advanced Open File Option" descripted in the Knowledgebase-Dokument .