cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

BE12D - Error installing SQL agent

Not applicable
I am trying to install the SQL agent on my BE12D server it fails with this error "V-225-53: ERROR: Failed to install SQL Express BKUPEXEC instance with error 1388." It also tells me to review the SQL Express 2005 log file "Please review C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt for more details."  Reviewing the first error got me nowhere, but the SQL log file is holds the key... "Error String    : SQL Server Setup was unable add user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM to local group domain\SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$servername$BKUPEXEC.
Error Number    : 29512"  After searching for the error 29512 I found what the problem was.  When I initially installed BE12D the server that it was installed on was a DC.  So when SQL Express wanted to create local groups it couldn't.  Instead it created domain groups.  Well since then this server was demoted and is no longer a DC.  When trying to install the SQL agent it is looking for the local groups are they are not there.  I found on a couple of other boards people having the same problem and they just simply uninstalled SQL Express and reinstalled it and they were fine.  My question is can I do this or will it cause problems with BE12D????
0 REPLIES 0