cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE15 Media Mount Failed

zacl
Level 3

I have 4 servers that I'm backing up.  Server A has the Backup Exec 15 software installed, and the 3 others have the remote agent.  I'm backing up all drives on the machines as well as system state, all to tape.  The job has been working great for the past 3+ years.  Just last week it started failing on one of the remote servers.  Here's the Error from last night.  

Backup- \\OURSERVERNAME\D:
V-79-57344-41488 - Due to one or more errors in \\OURSERVERNAME\D:, this backup cannot be used for conversion to virtual machines, Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR), or a complete online restore.
Because the current incremental or full job failed, subsequent incremental or differential jobs will not include files that were backed up in the failed job. Therefore, the subsequent incremental or differential jobs will not be valid for a Simplified Disaster Recovery restore or a complete online restore. You must run a full backup again to ensure a successful system recovery.
Media mount failed.
User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

It has been having the same error every night. Most of the time its on the System?State instead of a drive.  

I have updated the main server software, as well as the remote agents and of course rebooted.  

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you verify if there is any unwanted driver installed in the concerned server which was used previously and may have not got uninstalled properly from the server? If yes, uninstall the same and reboot the server and check if the job now works or not.

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Also check if there are any tape related alerts or if running out of tapes when the job is progressing as you also receiving following message in job log:

User canceled a Physical Volume Library operation.
V-79-57344-33861 - The media operation was terminated by the user.

I found the issue.  I was running out of room on the tape.