cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE16 crashing after .NET 4.8 update but no access to entitlement information to download fix

JarrettKaufman
Level 2

Frustrating issue because we find ourselves between a rock and a hard place:

We inherited our client from their previous IT provider who upped and disappeared overnight, without contact. We've managed via whatever written records they had on hand, with minimal issues so far. However a recent Exchange update required .NET Framework 4.8 be installed and as a result the Backup Exec console now crashes on startup whenever we attempt to load it. I did some quick digging online and found this is a known issue with a known hotfix. Unfortunately the hotfix cannot be downloaded without logging into our Veritas account with entitlements, and there's the rub: we don't have one.

We located an account that had been setup, but it has no products attached to it. And we have no other records that we can locate. Our assumption is this may have been tied to the previous IT provider's own accounts instead.

I called Veritas support, but they couldn't find record of the client's company name. They attempted to get information from the server, but to do so they have to open the Console, which is the entire reason we're in this mess. They have no solutions other than to come here and ask for advice. And so I do.

Is there any way to pull our entitlement information from a file on the system so we can get the support we need to download this hotfix? Or any other workarounds we could consider?

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

RogRubin
Employee

This is the article describing your issue:
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/downloads/update.UPD506023

Please scroll down to the Workaround section were we listed the specific updates which are causing this issue so you can uninstall that particular MS update.

Once done and the GUI works again, I recommend you ring in again so that your account details can be corrected/adjusted by our custome care team.

Afterwards, logon to the download center and install the latest patch and then run MS update again so the just uninstalled patch is installed again.

I am receiving a message that I am not authorized to download this hotfix for Backup Exec 16 FP2. My support licence is already expired, but I can download full software. I called support that said some HT is not available for expired licenses.

Is there a site that I can download this HT. I think I am not attacking the best practices.

Bruno Couto

ESchmidt1984
Level 1

Hello,
we need the Backup Exec 16 FP2 Hotfix 506023. Veritas does not allow us to download the hotfix, because our support contract ended before they released this hotfix. But we already downloaded it before and didnt saved the install file. On the website is also says we are eligable to download the Hotfix, but providing the correct Entilement ID just gives the message we are not allowed.

Support will not help us at all, they dont even understand the problem.

We need this hotfix because we have to reinstall backup exec on another windows server.

Best regards

RogRubin
Employee

I have sent you a private message regarding BE 16 FP2 Hotfix 506023

Hi,

How can we get this hotfix as our support contract is expired too.

Thanks.

Ather

RogRubin
Employee

Hi admin34
I have sent you a private message regarding BE 16 FP2 Hotfix 506023

Hi,

Thank you for your support got the fix and working fine now.

Thanks

Ather

2 seconds ago

Hi,

Thank you for your support got the fix and working fine now.

Thanks

Ather

I have also inherited an out of contract system and need to load the hot fix also.  I will be setting up a new version of the software but need a fresh back first also.  Is there a way to get the hot fix out of contract?

RogRubin
Employee

Hi ghawk

I too can use some help on this for V16 and 14.2

D

RogRubin
Employee

Hi DWB

Bandit555
Level 0

Hi RogRubin,

Got the same issue trying to get Backup Exec 16 FP2 Hotfix 506023.

Any chance of some help with this?

RogRubin
Employee

Hi @Bandit555 
Regards

Hi RogRubin,

I have the similar issue with BE 16 FP2 console and attempt to obtain Hotfix 506023.  Is this something you may still be able to assist in resolving?

Thanks.

RogRubin
Employee

Hi @acovalesky 
Yes, I can still share this particular HF with you.
I have sent you a private message regarding BE 
16 FP2 Hotfix 506023.

I've just spent a morning trying to resolve the same issue and have been going around in circle trying to download the hot fix.  I don't appear to be able to uninstal the MS fix so was hoping that you might be able to assist.
Mush thanks if you can,.

Paul

RogRubin
Employee

Hi @Pauls_LC 
Yes, I can still share this particular HF with you.
I have sent you a private message regarding BE 
16 FP2 Hotfix 506023.

Hello, 

I am trying to get Backup Exec 16 FP2 Hotfix 506023 .  Can you please send instructions to david@gtbdinc.com