cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 - Exchange 2010 - Backup with Exception - 1 file

LCR
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone can help, I have a really niggly problem with BE2010..

Up until the 22nd Jan the nightly Exchange Backup ran perfectly.. then on the 23rd Jan the log reported....

(Server: "LCRDCBS") (Job: "Exchange Server") The job completed successfully.  However, the following conditions were encountered:

1 files were skipped.

Note:  The backup job was configured to use the Advanced Open File Option.  However, files were skipped during backup processing.  Please ensure that the Media Server LCRDCBS is properly licensed with the Advanced Open File Option, or that the job is properly targeted for media servers that are licensed with the Advanced Open File Option.

Readers Please note, the licensing message above is just not relevant

Below please find an extract from the backup log:

"Backup started on 25/01/2012 at 03:16:30.

Backup Set Detail Information

The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM) or Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) database and transaction logs ntds was successful.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\users\admini~1\appdata\local\temp\2\cpuz135\cpuz135_x64.sys is not present on the snapshot.

The .DR file that is required for Intelligent Disaster Recovery is created/updated.

Backup completed on 25/01/2012 at 03:39:33.

Backup Set Summary

Backed up 23 System State components

1 item was skipped.

Processed 8,935,513,429 bytes in  23 minutes and  3 seconds.

Throughput rate: 370 MB/min

Compression Type: Hardware

Exactly the same error message occured on Monday 23rd. So I created a 'dummy' file to 'satisy' BE and the next night 24th Jan the backup ran without exception...funnily enough the excepted file is located on the File Server NOT the Exchange Server. "Great"! I thought, sometimes you do win in this game"

However, and here's the GOTCHA... last night the 25th Jan... exactly the same exception occured with exactly the same file. It's not even an important file.

It's just the principle of the thing... if BE can go wrong it always will.

Anyway any help based upon experience would be helpful... thank you in advance.

0 REPLIES 0