cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010, Exchange 2010 GRT very slow

EJ_Terpstra
Level 3

Another topic about a slow backup with GRT.

We bought a new server (HP DL180) with 6 RAID5 2Tb drives (totally 9Tb) storage. On our "old" server we were using Windows 2008 and Backup Exec 2010. The backup of our Exchange 2010 had a throughput from about 2000Mb/min including GRT.

On the new server everything was installed the same as on the old one. Also Win2008 en BE2010, but with GRT turned on, speed slows down to max 94 Mb/min. Without it's better (600-700 Mb/min) but not as high on the old hardware.

Has anyone an idea?

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Are you running the same antivirus product(s) on the new server as on the old server ?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

What is the storage used ? If using a tape drive or robotic library make sure you have the latest Drivers intalled for the drive . If running backup to a backup to disk folder ...check what througput you get when you run a normal backup .?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

BTW: are you running the backup local ? (with a tape device connected to the server?)

EJ_Terpstra
Level 3

On both backup server we don't have a virusscanner. So that couldn't be the problem. I'm backing up to a local B2D folder. (the tape drive follows when everything works OK). I also used the B2dtest_2729_32_327088.exe on our harddrive and everything passed well.

EJ_Terpstra
Level 3

O, I forgot to mention that the passthrough speed from a backup with only data is about 2000 Mb/min with the same settings.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Is it increamental backup configured?

EJ_Terpstra
Level 3

Nope. It's a normal full backup.