cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 Jobs are freezing

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

since some days my BE2010 is freezing after the jobs has startede. The System is running for years without any problem. We are running MSL2014 Fibric with two tapedrives directly connected to two fabric cards within my hardware HP server with Windows 2008 SP2 64bit.

The Jobs are runing but aftre some times only the time is runing but nothing is happens over hours till i gonna restart the server. That is happens to different jobs.

The only errors i see in the event logs is that SQL Browser have some issues, like "The SQL configuration for  SQL is inaccessible or invalid.

Any idea what is going wrog here?

Hope you can help me.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you on BE 2010 R3 ? If not, would recommend to upgrade to R3  and apply available updates.

If running any AV, is it set to exclude from scanning the BE processes ?

And what is the size of the BE database ? Is it closer to 4GB ?

Have you tried running a backup to a disk device to rule out any issues with the tape storage ?

Lastly, consider running a repair of Backup Exec.

mghomer
Level 6

Hi VJware,

thank you for your response.

1. No Im on 2010 R2. It is possible to upgrade to R3 without a new licence? or I have to buy a new licence or support contract?

2. Ok will do that now. Only C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec?

3. You mean the C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exe\Data? If so, it is only 1,5 TB

4. No will do that if other 3 point don't help me

Thank you very much

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Your existing licence keys will work. You can download BE 2010 R3 from either the fileconnect site or http://trialware.norton.com/files/fc/Backup_Exec_2010_13.0.5204_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual_DVD.iso After your upgrade, do not forget to run LiveUpdate a couple of time to update it to SP4 and the latest hotfixes. After you have upgraded to R3 SP4, push out the remote agent again.

VJware
Level 6

1.5 TB is a very large size of the Data directory. What is the size of the BEDB and the job logs (.xml files)?

mghomer
Level 6

cool thanks!

just install it over the existing software? or there is a spicial way to upgrade it?

VJware
Level 6

Grab a copy of the Data & Catalogs folders and run the R3 installer over the existing setup. Follow the installer wizard prompts and thats it.