cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 R3: Could not load file or assembly

Studio_Two
Level 4

Hello, I cannot start the Backup Exec 2010 Console.

Message Box Error is: Could not load file or assembly 'system.core, version=3.5.0.0, culture=neutral, publickey token=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I had a litle look through Windows updates and I can't see anything recently installed that may affect things (no .Net stuff for example).

Has anyone come across this before? At the moment, I can't check if my backups worked (and I obviously can restore anything should the need arise).

Kind Regards, Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Studio_Two
Level 4

Craig,

Thank you so much for your assistance. The repair install idea put me onto the .Net issue.

I ran Windows Update and installed KB951847 (.Net 3.5 SP1 Family Update) and Backup Exec is now working again. In addition, .Net 3.5 SP1 has re-appeared within Add / Remove Programs.

I've probably broken something else, but so far so good.

Thanks again,
Stephen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried a repair of the installation through Add/Remove Programs?

Thanks!

Studio_Two
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Many thanks. I just tried your suggestion and it failed when installing ".Net Framework 3.5 SP1" (V-225-54). I'm running Small business Server 2008. and this doesn't seem to be listed anywhere, presumably it MUST have been there previously.

Regards, Stephen

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Stephen,

Have you tried to install .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 from the installation CD separately?

Thanks!

Studio_Two
Level 4

Craig,

Thank you so much for your assistance. The repair install idea put me onto the .Net issue.

I ran Windows Update and installed KB951847 (.Net 3.5 SP1 Family Update) and Backup Exec is now working again. In addition, .Net 3.5 SP1 has re-appeared within Add / Remove Programs.

I've probably broken something else, but so far so good.

Thanks again,
Stephen