cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 R3 backup problem on cluster and tape selection

aloy_si_baik
Level 2
Partner Accredited

i have a cluster ALIAS named JKTFS110 which an alias from 3 FILE SHARING server JKTFS03,07,11.All of the servers are installed with WinServer 2008 Standard 64 and installedn with RAWS on each physical server. I use DELL R310 as media server and DELL PowerVault 124T as a backup device. The media server are backup-ing from JKTFS110  and this is where the problem start. The backup job always completed with exepction alert and the *.pst always corrupted(with random users)

" Errors  Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Remote Agent not detected on JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com.
 Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com.

The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.

Backup- JKTFS110.luminaryprima.comV-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com.

The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.

V-79-57344-65277 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com\DFSData". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

Remote Agent not detected on JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com.

Backup- \\JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com\DFSDataWARNING: "\\JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com\DFSData\Profiles\Data\arya sadewa\My Documents\Outlook\Personal Folders.pst" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Verify- \\JKTFS110.luminaryprima.com\DFSData WARNING: "Personal Folders.pst" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify."

and one more annoying problem is BE can't automaticly use a scratch tape if a running backup tape is full. I already partitioned the autoloader 2-slots/day (i used daily increment and weekly full method) and 3-slots for full backup(all slots are filled with tape). The pre-sales from Symantec Indonesia told me to move all the spare tape to the scratch media set,i already did that and it just useless. What am I supposed to do with this problems?? Im nearly at my limit to blow my head with this problems.

Please help me guys... i really need help here...

4 REPLIES 4

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

And so, you must select the DFS / DFSR resources from under Shadow Copy Components, not straight from the file system.

For the tape problem, please clarify what you mean by " if a running backup tape is full", kindly detail the operation you are performing.

Scratch tapes should be overwritten without trouble.

Regards,

aloy_si_baik
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Carlos,

Im sorry im totally a noob here... how to configure the DFS/DFSR selection?? because it is not available on my Shadow Copy Component selection list.

sorry(again) because my english are bad..

FYI i used daily increment and weekly full method, I partitioned the autoloader 2-slots/day for incremental backup job and 3-slots for a full backup job(all slots are filled with tape). I assigned the incremental backup with a "daily increment media set" and "weekly full media set"

when a job (either it's a daily or weekly job) detected a media tape which is being used are full,BE can't/won't pull any tape from the slots and the job become stalled/queued.

how do i solve this??

aloy_si_baik
Level 2
Partner Accredited

is there anybody here???

aloy_si_baik
Level 2
Partner Accredited

any body can help me??