cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 Remote Agent Exchange 2003 Issue

jcmuseum
Level 2
Hi,
I have recently purchased BE2010 from Techsoup, It is licensed as NFR which gives access to all remote agents (I was previously using Backup Exec 10).
My current setup consists of two servers both running Server 2003 SP2, one acts as a files server, the other acts as a mail server running Exchange 2003 SP2.
I have installed BE2010 on the file server and selected Exchange remote agent during installation. I have successfully pushed the remote agent to the mail server (RAWS, there is no option to push the Exchange agent, my understanding is that it is performed by the BE software through the regular RAWS agent).
When I choose sources for my backup job, there is no option to select mailboxes on the mail server.
Any Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified
In BE console click on Tools->Options-> Microsoft Exchange and then select "Enable legacy mailbox support "

This type of backup is not recommended, refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/343464

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Hello

Are you able to see Microsoft Information Store ?

jcmuseum
Level 2
Yes

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When I choose sources for my backup job, there is no option to select mailboxes on the mail server.

Do you mean individual  mailboxes?   Symantec now recommends using GRT enabled Stores backups (introduced with v11).  This backs up the stores (much faster than a brick level backup)  but does allow for granular restores

That being said, does the BackupExec System Account have Exchange Admin rights?

AmolB
In BE console click on Tools->Options-> Microsoft Exchange and then select "Enable legacy mailbox support "

This type of backup is not recommended, refer to http://support.veritas.com/docs/343464

jcmuseum
Level 2
I was used to version 10 and didn't realize how the new GRT enabled backup operates.
the backup speed is incomparably faster now
I still need to use individual mailbox support for one of the backups so the credit goes to AmolZeroCool.
Thank you both for your prompt responses.