cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 VMware Backup failes - unable to create the virtual disk

Rune_Sk_ien
Level 3
Hi

I have setup a deduplication-folder on an a drive (iscsi storage system), and file-backup works perfect. But when i try to backup a vmware vm with GRT through vCenter, i get an error "0xe00095b3 - Unable to create the virtual disk". It also refers to additional information V-79-57344-38323. There is nothing in that link (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_sli.jsp?umi=EvtID=V-79-57344-38323).

In the backup summary, everything looks ok:

Backed up 38977 files in 4213 directories.
Backed up 1 virtual machines
Backed up 1 virtual machine disks
Processed 10 735 060 778 bytes in  10 minutes and  28 seconds.
Throughput rate: 978 MB/min
Compression Type: Hardware

But the size on the iscsi disk hasnt been changed, so there is nothing new stored after the backup has completed/failed.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

nicolias
Level 2
Error category    : Resource ErrorsError             : e00095b3 - Unable to create the virtual disk.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38323

However, I am not backing up to a dedupe store but I am using a disk folder as a target.  Files are created in the store but nothing of substantial size.

I have tried ESX 3.5 and 4.0 for source VMs.

I have done this through hotadd backups and network based.  

I am not sure what else to try.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
  This is an issue we also found and will have fixed for the final release. When encountering this issue in the Beta you will need to disable GRT.

Rune_Sk_ien
Level 3
Ok, thanks for the reply!

timfnb
Level 2
I'm getting the same error when I try to run a dedupe job to disk.  I'm trying to backup a vmware machine and I'm assuming GRT is disabled as I've unchecked that option in the job properties under VMware.  Is this correct or is there somewhere else I need to disable it?

timfnb
Level 2
I'm also wanting to do this all server-side, not source-side.  What do I need to uncheck to ensure this?  Thanks for the help!