cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010 - >>> BUG <<< with 'Elapsed Time' information ???

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi all,

i´m using BE 2010 and sometimes the backup operation time takes 12h, sometimes 16h, some 30h. When take a look job results (sent by e-mail) we see scheduled backup operation starting at 09:00 PM, mounting media at 09:01, ends bkp and start verify proccess at 01:30 AM wich ends at 02:30 AM. This morning we saw media ejected on tape drive but job monitor window shows status as 'running' and send e-mails only when 'formally ends' - that´s mean 'elapsed time 16:23:06'.

---------------------
The bigest question:
What are BackupExec doing during 02:30 AM to 01:23 PM since the media is ejected??????
---------------------

BackupExec 2010 (v13.0 Rev2896 - 32bits with all available hotfixes by LiveUpdate)
Dell Power Edge 1800 - Windows Server 2003 spk2 ENG
Dell PowerVault 110T - LTO 3 (IBM ULTRIUM II) External Scsi (Adaptec SCSI Card 39160 - ultra160 SCSI connected to PCI 64x slot)
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The bigest question:
What are BackupExec doing during 02:30 AM to 01:23 PM since the media is ejected??????

This is not new with BE 2010

What is happening is that once  the tape is ejected, BE posts an alert to "remove the tape and click OK"  until you do this or physically remove the tape, the job keeps "running"

You can either remove "eject on end" from your job description or set up and Auto Response  to this alert

Renato_Pereira_
Level 3
Tks Ken,

I followed the below article to set auto-answer as 'yes' to REMOVE MEDIA alert. Tomorrow, so soon have news I post here and close this thread!!

How to configure Alerts to be responded to automatically in Backup Exec 11.x and above
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285824.htm