Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R2 - CPS - Corrupt DBF files to VisualFoxPro

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

we have a BUSINESS server which holds the .EXE and .DBF files for a corporate system and it is used all day for all users; we are trying to copy (works fine) those to the protection server using CPS.

But when we stop the job at CMS-SERVER and try to execute the .EXE on the PROTECTION-SERVER, it shows a msg that the .DBF files are corrupt. We also checked the .CXD (index files) without success...

>>>> Is there some configuration missing in the job, like to use 'AOF' from Symantec instead ShadowCopy or something like that????

Any help will be appreciated.

* Business server, Protection and CMS uses W2008

Tks,

RenatoP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...those files will be locked normally by the application. AOFO should be able to get around this, as long as the *.dbf files themselves are not automatically excluded by CPS.

That also assumes that the copy of the data hasn't corrupted the data itself...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...those files will be locked normally by the application. AOFO should be able to get around this, as long as the *.dbf files themselves are not automatically excluded by CPS.

That also assumes that the copy of the data hasn't corrupted the data itself...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Normally, the database files for programs like FoxPro and Access are quite sensitive.  When you copy them while they are opened by the front-end program, the result is a corrupt file.  I don't think it is CPS that is corrupting the file.  It is more due to the nature of these database files.

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited

CraigV/Phk,

Tks for reply. So, how to protect .dbf files using CPS since the job properties in the CPS cannot offer the option to use AOFO??

* as I know the AOFO is installed on BE-MediaServer.

tks,

Renato P

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Rather than going through the trouble of setting up CPS, I would just setup an hourly backup job just to back these files up to disk.  Normally these databases are quite small so the backup job should run rather fast.

BTW, CPS is being retired soon, so I would not waste much time/effort on it.

Renato_Pereira
Level 3
Partner Accredited

pkh,

some .dbf files go from 300mb to 1.7GB.

* Yesterday I opened a case with Symantec Support Team, as soon as possible I will update this post.

tks,

Renato P