Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R2 duplicating deduplication backups to disk

david_coote
Level 3
Partner

Hi

We've just upgraded to BE2010R2 and have switched to deduplication. The backups appear to work fine to a deduplicated disk device on a secondary storage SATA LUN. However, we used to duplicate the old backups to another backup-to-disk device mounted on a NAS in another part of the building. If I try this now to a standard backup-to-disk device on the NAS the BE2010R2 server hangs (w2k8sp2) The software doesn't stop me from trying to do this, so I'm assuming I'm not doing anything wrong.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks Dave

PS How do you move the database location for a deduplication disk device?
3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What hangs, the whole server?  the BE GUI?  the BE services?

Any errors in the event log?

david_coote
Level 3
Partner

The whole server stops responding, no errors reported at all.

Last night the server went down at the start of a verify.

I have configured the BE services to start manually to stop the server going down again if its restarted within a scheduled job time window. Today their are a number of BE errors (50000 PDVFS driver) reported when I started the services manually - they appear in groups of 3 errors:

An error occurred in the PDVFS driver: <ERR> pdvfs_get_nt_sdo: CRDataGet for sdo af40c37c87b60f3f2f612ab26d472ae4 failed: n

An error occurred in the PDVFS driver: <ERR> PdvfsGetDsidNTAclStr: pdvfs_get_nt_sdo_str for /W2K8DC/2/BEData/IMG000027/ failed

An error occurred in the PDVFS driver: <ERR> PdvfsGetDsidNTAclStr: exit /W2K8DC/2/BEData/IMG000027/ failed errno=5

It looks like a BE service has an issue with one of the dedup folders, I'm guessing this is possibly due to the number of server hangs.

The last error we see is to do with the SQL Express installation by BE2010 on the server. SQLBrowser EventID 1: The SQL configuration for SQL is inaccessible or invalid.

and a couple of warnings:

EventID2: The configuration of the SQL instance MSSQLServer is not valid.

EventID3: The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance BKUPEXEC is not valid.The server has previously had no issues with BE 12.5 & 2010 using regular backups to disk.

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

When trying this at my side (from deduplicated backup folder to network share, this on't works.

Erreur finale : 0xe0009444 - Impossible de trouver l'enregistrement des catalogues de duplication des jeux de sauvegarde source requis.  Le support contenant les jeux de sauvegarde source a peut-être été supprimé.
Catégorie d'erreur finale : Erreurs du travail

Pour plus d'informations sur cette erreur, reportez-vous au lien V-79-57344-37956

May be duplicating a device job is only possible beetween Media servers both having deduplication option and CASO Central console.

This could also works (I tested it) from a first Puredisk appliance to a remote one.

Regards
Bernard