cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 Database Maintenance Time Changing By Itself

tetradelta
Level 3

Hi All,

I've run across an issue plaguing quite a few of my Server 2008 systems. Due to long backup times and a scheduled reboot, I had to change the Database Maintenance time from 4:00AM to 6:00AM.

About every 30 days or so, the time changes back to 4:00AM by itself and I need to reset it on all the servers.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you made sure all the available patches for Backup Exec 2010 R3 have bene loaded? Run LiveUpdate to check and install any outstanding patches before push-installing them onto your remote servers.

Matter of interest but does the time of the server change?

Thanks!

tetradelta
Level 3

I just checked and was missing Service Pack 4. I have installed it and will monitor.

To your second question, no the time does not change on the server.

Thanks for the reply.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

When you have changed it restart the BE services and see if it has changed back.

Also instead of changing it by only 2 hours why not set it to some time during working hours - say 10:00am or 3:00pm

BEDB mainteance is not massively intensive and should not take much time either so no reason it can't run during the day.

tetradelta
Level 3

The services restart every day during the daily reboot though. The issue only happens once a month. It's very odd.

I can change it to any time, but it won't help if it keeps defaulting to the 4:00AM time slot.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Is this CASO setup?

tetradelta
Level 3

No actually, they are on client servers. It's a standalone installation on every server and backs up itself and not remote servers.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Well We wouldn't normally give out BEDB content info but  as it is not difficult to find

If you understand SQL Studio Manager you can connect to the BEDB and then show the content of the table called dbo.Configuration (NOTE: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MAKE ANY EDITS INSIDE SQL just view the content.)

In this table is a field called StoreMaintenanceRuntime which for some reason contains a date as well as time, however the time in this field should be the start time for maintenance (even if the date looks a little odd - I changed my start time in the Backup Exec console today and inside this field it changed the time but left that date as some time in 2015)

You could monitor to see when this changes (but if you can't predict when this happens it might be tricky to monitor (SQL Profiler can be used to try to capture the change but no idea how big the log could get)

BTW it is somewhat unusual to reboot a server daily, why do you have to do this?

tetradelta
Level 3

Issue is still happening. I set the Database Maintenance time to 6AM in early January. All of a sudden last night it defaulted to 4AM again on it's own.

All patches have been applied. Cannot find the cause of this when looking at application logs. I understand that it does not have any impact on the backup itself, but the problem is it the nightly backup log is overwritten by the database maintenance log.