cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 - Ignore Exceptions

Avram_Woroch_2
Level 3
Accredited

Obviously an Exception is something to look at and/or may refer to an improperly licenced feature being attempted - I get that.  In our environment I'm trying to back up a number of VM's - 10 powered on and 2 templates powered off.  I get a "Completed with Exceptions" with the following detail:

Backup- VMVCB::\\ZAID1BAK1\VCGuestVm\(DC)ZAID1_DC1(DC)\vm\Windows 2008 x64 [TEMPLATE]

V-79-57344-38725 - One or more virtual disks contain volumes that do not support Granular Recovery T...

I'm perfectly fine with that as an exception.  Powered off VM's and/or templates can't do GRT - becuase you have to basically connect to the Windows agent to index the file system to do that, etc, etc.  I don't care.  I can't turn on/off GRT for individual VM's in a backup, so I'd have to create two jobs, one after the other - that's just obnoxious.

All I want is a way to tell BE that this above error can be completely ignored.  Is there a way to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no way to selectively suppress warning messages.  Just ignore them, if you want.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

No.  There is no way to selectively suppress warning messages.  Just ignore them, if you want.

Avram_Woroch_2
Level 3
Accredited

Surely that can't be true.  There is no way to script, registry, ini, etc a suppression of that error message?  If not, then there SHOULD be, and I'd like to know how to make a feature request.

The issue is of course, that now all backups have an "exception" - so to know if something truly happened out of scope, you need to double check every log, not just look for ones with exceptions.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can post your suggestion in the Ideas section and if there are enough users who agree with you.  It might get implemented in some future release of BE.