cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2010R3 - install SP3 again ?

Nicolas_Nickisc
Level 4

I get error messages from one of the VMs.

The VM runs W2008R2 and is also a DC with AD.

The backup seems to run correct backing  up about 41GB. The verify runs also.

But the result is an error message.

SP3 for BE2010R3 is installed. I also tried to re-install the remote agent, de-activated GRT - no change.

My next idea is to re-apply SP3. Is this possible ?

Auftrag beendet am Montag, 17. Februar 2014 um 10:42:24
Abschlussstatus: Fehlgeschlagen
Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe0008488 - Zugriff verweigert.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Sicherheitsfehler

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler finden Sie unter der Verknüpfung V-79-57344-33928
Sichern- VMVCB::\\esxi51.thomae.nickisch\VCGuestVm\(DC)ha-datacenter(DC)\vm\LEONARDO
V-79-57344-33928 - Zugriff verweigert. Kann weder Verzeichnis \zzzVirtApp000zzz noch die dazugehörig...
5 REPLIES 5

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hello Nicolas,

Before re-installing Service Pack 3, could you please check if this article applies to your situation? http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65586

Nicolas_Nickisc
Level 4

The BE-Server has 512Bytes/sector on the system drive;

The B2D-Drive (which is actually an iSCSI-LUN) is 4096 bytes/sector

The backed up VM als has 512bytes/sector on the system-drive (it has only 1 drive)

Nicolas_Nickisc
Level 4

Update:

I simply changed the target of the job to our LTO-drive - and it worked.

So, I guess it has something to do with the B2D-drive

Update:

According to the KB-Artcile above, the directory for staging drive should be an older non-4k-drive.

This should apply for the C: drive of BE.

the temp-Dir points to C:\TEMP

What now ?

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Nicolas, could you please use Windows Server 2008 R2 internal backup utility to test system state backup of the affected domain controller?
Please follow the steps mentioned below: 
1. Click Start, click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

2. If prompted, in the User Account Control dialog box, provide Backup Operator(the account which Backup Exec uses to connect to the Virtual Machine) credentials, and then click OK.

3. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:<targetDrive>: -quiet
Where <targetDrive> identifies a local NTFS formatted volume or the letter of the physical disk drive to receive the backup.
Without the -quiet parameter, the process will prompt to press Y to proceed with the backup operation

Siddhant_Saini
Level 6
Accredited Certified

What a timing! We both ended up in replying at the same time! :)

Anyway, the workaround in the above articles state the following: 

1. Connect an older Non-4K drive to the server and set it as the temp staging location in the Backup Exec setting page.
2. Perform a Non-GRT backup(which did not work in your case but a different destination device worked).
3. If possible format the backup to disk drive to 512bytes sector size or 512E (Emulation) if the hardware vendor provides a tools for format or 512 emulation(this is the only option which we can try)