Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - Added server, does not show up in list

TandyBrands
Level 4

BE 2012 - 14.0 Rev. 1798

O/S - WIndows Server 2008 R2

Greetings.  I have about 11 servers defined in my server list.  A few Linux (RH), and the rest Windows servers on a domain.  I added a new windows server that is only in a workgroup via BE Button -> Install & Licensing -> Install Agents and BE......  Went through the normal stuff, added the server info, local account info, etc.  It ran, completed (successfully), and I closed the wizard.

Now, it is not showing up in the list of servers.  I right-clicked in the window (Backup and Restore view), did an Add Server, ran through the wizard, created a new login account since this is a workgroup server, it completed successfully (nice green check-mark), but no server shows up.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hi For the server which is not showing in backup restore console ,please log on to that remote server and then check for remote agent utility by going to start all programs-symantec-remote agent-utility Once you open that ,please click on publishing tab and then click on change settings and then enter fully qualified name of media server and enter the user name and password that in the below field and then click on OK Once done backup exec should be able to show the server listed in console. Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi For the server which is not showing in backup restore console ,please log on to that remote server and then check for remote agent utility by going to start all programs-symantec-remote agent-utility Once you open that ,please click on publishing tab and then click on change settings and then enter fully qualified name of media server and enter the user name and password that in the below field and then click on OK Once done backup exec should be able to show the server listed in console. Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Since the server is in a workgroup, make sure that it can ping the media server and vice-versa.  You may need to add entries to the Hosts file so that addresses are resolved.

2) If there is a firewall between the domain and that server, make sure that port 10000 is opened both ways.

Sagar_Walambe
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

Any sort and filter options used for listing the servers? the default configuration will list all servers if this has been enabled.

TandyBrands
Level 4

Sameer,

That did it.  Updated teh information on the publish tab, and it did show up.  I had to put in credentials, same as teh ones I used to install the Backup Exec Server program (domain admin level), I presume that's the only ones that can be used?

Thanks again,

James

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Hi Thanks for the update and good to see all working fine Cheers. Sameer