cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - BEREMOTE.EXE won't restart, services hangs, endtask won't work

quakel
Level 2

We have i problem with stopping BeRemote.exe. We are using BE 2012 with de latest updates.

After a few days, the be2012 jobs are running slower (i think), and i want to restart the services. I trying to restart the services with the 'Backup Exec Services Manager', but the stopping process hangs by Backup Exec Remote Agent.

When i try to stop the beremote.exe, the services wont stopping.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

If you have an AV on the server in question, check to see if it isn't perhaps blocking beremote.exe (seen McAfee do so!). If so, put in an exclusion for it.

BE services won't stop if the system is waiting for something to complete, but you should be able to force the stop of the services through Task Manager, so try killing the process too.

That said, you might also want to do a repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs.

Thanks!

quakel
Level 2

@CraigV

We have Nod32, all the exclusions are add to the anti-virus. We also stopped the anti-virus, so that cannot be the problem.

When we trying to kill the services with Task Manager, the services wont response and it still running. The only solution is to restart the hole server. Thats not a good option.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That doesn't sound right...try the repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs and you might as well try an attempt of the BEDB through BEutility.exe.

Try those, and report back...

Thanks!

backuphound_2
Level 3
Accredited

I would uninstall AV just to make sure that isnt interferring, if you still have the problem, perhaps look at other Roles or Services that are running on that machine.

Its not a permissions thing perhaps??