cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 CASO

Inventino
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I've BE2012 at Main site and BE2012 at DR site. Both servers are standalone Media server.

Both servers didn't join domain. Both servers've connectted OST Storage device(NAS device) in each of site(network can be recognized).

I would llike to create CASO but I've question:

1. CASO requirement needs join domain both media server(Main&DR site).  What's effect to media server after join domain? such as need something change the configuration or effect to OST device?

2. How to enable CAS and MMS which already installed stondalone media server?

3. Can CAS and MMS be different OS version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) After joining the domain, you'll have to edit the credentials used for the BE services and the logon account. (Such as add the domain name as a prefix to the credentials). You'll have to ensure the BE account has the rights per this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

2) Run the license install wizard (From the BE buttont - Installation & Licensing - Install agents and options ) and on the first server choose the CASO option. And on the second, choose the MMS option.

3) The BE versions must be the same, though the OS versions can be different.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) After joining the domain, you'll have to edit the credentials used for the BE services and the logon account. (Such as add the domain name as a prefix to the credentials). You'll have to ensure the BE account has the rights per this KB as well - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

2) Run the license install wizard (From the BE buttont - Installation & Licensing - Install agents and options ) and on the first server choose the CASO option. And on the second, choose the MMS option.

3) The BE versions must be the same, though the OS versions can be different.

Inventino
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi VJware,

Thank you for your advice.