cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Completly buggy Software / Be warned to use it !

JuergenB
   VIP   

After several attemps to get the beast running in a germany Windows and after many phone calls to the "SYMANTEC" i had to reinstall the system in an english windows OS.

After the system was finally installed and BE was reinstalled all was fine for a few hours and i have the same fucking problems at all.

And the "SYMATEC Support" doesn´t care or answer my mails or calls.angry

Be warned, keep away from BE 2012 for a while!

No i get the JobView failed Errors again and the shit keeps crashing.angry

13 REPLIES 13

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...frustration aside, no need for foul language in the forum...you lose your effectiveness! wink

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If you react on the phone as you do on the forums, you cannot expect someone to help you....

CraigV

Now now...no need to start a war. I made the point. The guy has frustrations and he is venting (as I am sure he is entitled too), but swearing doesn't help the cause. You're also assuming he's reacting like that on the phone.

JuergenB
   VIP   

I got the software fixed from Symantec techsupport, it took about 2 1/2 hours to find the problem.

BE has installed an sql 2005 express edition db and used data partitioning!

But,

the partition in the local registry and in the database was different
and the database wasn´t working as it should be.

And this happend on a clean installation of BE 2012 from a scratch harddisc...

indecisionindecision

I had the call open for 4 days and no one cared about

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

so after Symantec fixed the Problem in a 4 hour remote session and all was fine for 3 weeks.

The BUG RIDDEN Beast is back again. angry
angryI am facing the same errors like before.

Jobs are not reschudeld, Calendar View shows an error.

Unable to retrieve the requested schedule.
Unknown reason: 0x000103.

Damn thing .angry

CraigV

...the only thing I can suggest is to check out the Known Issues section and then vote up your issue/s if you see them displayed there.

JuergenB
   VIP   

I tried to find the forum and the know issues section, but can´t.
Are there hidden or where do i find them.

I used IE9

CraigV

...it sometimes happens that the web server needs to be re-indexed...it has been like this for about 2 hours now, and 1 of the other TAs has raised this. Seems like Symantec are working on it. Try again later...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If your original problem was jobs disappearing from the console and the fix was a SQL script (or commands) to delete some rows from the Backup Exec database, then the script was only a workaround as the cause is deleting jobs that were at some point edited as a multi-server selection (either by Group or by CRTL key)

We have not yet released the permanent changes need to make sure you cannot experience the same problem again, as such you could easily have deleted some more jobs since the workaround and ended up back in the same state.

As editing the database needs a support case  you wil need to log a formal case against this issue re-appearing to have the script run.

Recommendation pending the hotfix is to put jobs on hold that you might be considering deleting

Note I belive your issue is linked with disappearing jobs due to a support case with the same issue having been reported to us with the same 103 error

JuergenB
   VIP   

Buggy like Backup Exec 2012

CraigV

Lol...actually not. The forums are pretty stable smiley They do throw a wobbly every now and again, but it gets sorted out fairly fast. The development guys seem to be pretty much on the go.

JuergenB
   VIP   

What job´s can i put on hold. I don´t see any jobs right now.
I only see 3 test run jobs for a group of three developer servers.

The productions server don´t show any jobs.

Has anyone beside the BE2012 designers used BE in Real Life?
It looks like it only worked in the minds of the designer.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

OK the sequence (which also depends a little bit on the exact configuration) that causes the problem is

1) Edit some jobs via some form of multi-selection so that the proeprties of more than one job is changed at a time (either by group or by CTRL key use)

2) At some point in the future delete one of the jobs that was edited

3) Restart your console (or wait for a refresh) jobs may disappear and you have your problem

Workaround is then: run some SQL command (a script) which needs a support case as it means editing directly in the database. Note: After using the workaround script you may have to recreate some jobs.

Unfortunately after running the script we can't stop you from repeating the above steps - either from step 1, or from step 2 but against jobs that had step 1 done ages ago. The "Put jobs on hold instead of deleting" reference is advice to stop you doing step 2 until we release the permanent fix. However if you are already in the broken state you need to use the SQL script again.

Permanent Fix which will stop step 2 having a bad effect is still to be released