cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 Linux Agent on SLES 11 SP3

Evac
Level 2

Hello,

my problem is, that the Linux Agent for BE2012 is not supported on SLES11 SP3.

Workarounds like patching the agent manually is not allowed in our systems.

Hints to buy other Symantec products are not very useful, because we have paid for BE2012 and many agents, also for the support of this products.

When Symantec is not able to support our landscape anymore, then our management will decide that we have to change our complete backup-infrastructure (and so the infrastructure of our customers too).

So please understand me. To just close a thread with the "solution" to use another product is not the way to get satisfied customers.

So when Symantec don't want to support Linux Kernel 3.0 anymore for the BE2012 Linux Agent, then just declare this and I have to search for another product.

Best regards,

Andreas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that particular post was marked by the OP, so you'd need to take it up with him as it was his choice.

I'd still suggest trying to get access to the Beta, and once you do ask the question there. I doubt anybody will commit to support here publicly.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

? Not sure what you're getting at here. Is this a rant, or are you wanting to pitch the support for your version of SLES as an idea?

THanks!

Evac
Level 2

Hello Craig,

I hope to get an answer if I should stay with BE and wait till SLES11 SP3 is supported or if I should look for another product to backup my files?

Will linux kernel 3.x be supported in the next 6 month or even till RedHat is changing to kernel 3.x?

When the answer is no, with the next major release of RedHat the linux usability of the BE Linux Agent comes to an end and I have to switch my backup solution.

(I was just angry that my other post was marked as a solution....)

Best regards

Andreas

CraigV

...that particular post was marked by the OP, so you'd need to take it up with him as it was his choice.

I'd still suggest trying to get access to the Beta, and once you do ask the question there. I doubt anybody will commit to support here publicly.

Thanks!