cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 NAS disk storage backup set display issue

EOS58
Level 4

I am using BE2012 with the latest updates.  When i attempt to browse the backup sets on our QNAP NAS storage device it will display the latest backup sets correctly.  As you scroll down the list, the listing will jump around and display "Loading.."  It appears the quicker you scroll the worse it is.  I am unable to scroll to the end of the list or know what is the last backup set.  The scroll bars will eventually disappear and one backup set will display.  I then have to click Job History (or some other option) and then go back into Backup Sets to see the listing again.  Anyone else have this problem?  This problem does not happen as bad with my locally attached storage disk array.

4 REPLIES 4

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hi EOS58

What QNAP are you using? Which version?

Regards

EOS58
Level 4

TS-859U-RP+

Firmware: 3.6.1 Build 0302T

EOS58
Level 4

If I scroll too much when viewing the backup sets for the NAS the Backup Exec Management service will crash.  This service has also crashed when i've tried to delete backup sets that were really old.  I had to delete them 1 or 2 at a time instead of in bulk.

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

About the Scroll bar dissapearing are you refering to - http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186696

This is a known issue and if possible open a case with support and see if they have a solution.