cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE2012 - Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them

Triven
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm having an issue with BE2012 on Server 2008 Standard.

Job Log Error Below

V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Sn...
Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data ...
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.
V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Sn...
Snapshot technology error (0xE0008516): Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data ...
Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

Backup- \\SERVER\System?State
V-79-57344-33928 - Unable to complete the operation. The Active Directory, Active Directory Applicat...

I do have LiveVault Online backup running as well but their Schedules do not clash.

Event Log Details:  Event ID:  34113 

Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed

(Server: "MCFT-SRV01") (Job: "mcft-srv01-Full") mcft-srv01-Full -- The job failed with the following error: Resources specified for snapshot do not have any valid data on them. Check if files were deleted or renamed.

Any help would be much appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Ideally you shouldn't be running 2 different backup vendor's software on the same machine as it can, and probably will, cause issues.

Check the TN below for more information on this issue:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH139703

Also make sure that Advanced Open File Option isn't in use in the BE job...if you need to use it, consider splitting data backups off from Exchange.

Thanks!

Triven
Level 4

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the Doc however this didnt help too much.

I have run this in the past but where its helped similar issues on other servers it didnt help this time.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH200584

It backs up to NAS box which has plenty of space and has been rebooted and it accessible.

Anything else you can suggest?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...does this happen repetitively or not? Does the NAS have iSCSI, because if it does and it has disk space for an iSCSI LUN, it might be worthwhile carving out a LUN and presenting to the media server before backing up to that.

THanks!

Triven
Level 4

Hi Craig,

The NAS box is a standard Network Lenovo ix4-300d.

The server has been rebooted.

Sorry i should have said this earlier, there is another backup job of a different server that backs up through BE2012 to the same NAS and that works fine.

I am going to try and get more details for you, bear with me

Thanks for your help